HORROR LOVERS SPOT

A MELTING POT OF ALL THINGS IN THE HORROR GENRE AND FOR LOVERS OF HORROR!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ginger Snaps












One of my favorite films is a cool horror chick film called, "Ginger Snaps." It came out in 2000 and I absolutely love it. As part of my celebration of Halloween this year, tonight I decided to watch it. I'm watching it as I write this actually. If you are into independent horror films and werewolves, this is definitely a film to watch. Here is a brief synopsis of the film and the concept, which I personally think is super cool. It's definitely different from other werewolf films. Definitely check it out when you get a chance.

Brief synopsis of the film:

This film uses werewolfism as a metaphor for puberty. One of the Fitzgerald sisters, suburban goth girl outcasts, gets bitten by something in the woods (and it ain't a neighborhood dog).

Storyline:

Is becoming a woman analogous, in some deep psychological way, to becoming a werewolf? Ginger is 16, edgy, tough, and, with her younger sister, into staging and photographing scenes of death. They've made a pact about dying together. In early October, on the night she has her first period, which is also the night of a full moon, a werewolf bites Ginger. Within a few days, some serious changes happen to her body and her temperament. Her sister Brigitte, 15, tries to find a cure with the help of Sam, a local doper. As Brigitte races against the clock, Halloween and another full moon approach, Ginger gets scarier, and it isn't just local dogs that begin to die.

2 comments:

  1. I HAVE SEEN "GINGER SNAPS" ON TV ABOUT SIX TIMES AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE MOVIE BUT NOT AS MUCH AS I LOVE RUBY'S EXCELLENT REVIEW! Ruby Violence is an exceptional movie reviewer of rare talent who should be writing for variety or empire. Btw, Ruby would be awesome in a sequel to this movie. just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice write up! I love this movie. it's a fav of mine, too! :)

    ReplyDelete