HORROR LOVERS SPOT

A MELTING POT OF ALL THINGS IN THE HORROR GENRE AND FOR LOVERS OF HORROR!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

CHOCOLATE FAKE BLOOD

I always love looking for new recipes or coming up with different concoctions to make props, makeup, and of course fake blood. I love doing horror photo shoots and am always looking for the right Fx fake blood look that doesn't look cheap and can film well.

I recently found this really cool fake blood recipe with I've experimented with and really like the ending results. I also love chocolate so it worked out perfectly for me. ;) It's not sticky which makes it easier to work with too.

Here are the ingredients and easy directions on how to make your own Chocolate fake Blood. Hope you enjoy!

CHOCOLATE FAKE BLOOD:

1/2 c. Warm Water
4 Tbsp Corn Syrup
1 Tbsp Powdered Cocoa
1 tsp Red Food Coloring


Blend the water and cocoa together and then add the rest of the ingredients. Let the concoction sit for awhile and skim the bubbles off of the top. Add a couple of drops of yellow food coloring if you're not satisfied right away.

I personally didn't need to use any of the yellow coloring because I was happy with the results but it definitely varies on what type of effect you want. I also tried adding another Tbsp of cocoa too to give it a thicker consistency. Definitely experiment and have fun. That's what it's all about.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love this wonderful recipe for chocolate fake blood and can't wait to try it out at halloween but does this recipe mean that vampire goddess Ruby is off the hard stuff (or as she might call it, the crimson nectar!)? wait to try it out at halloween but does this recipe mean that vampire goddess Ruby is off the hard stuff (or as she might call it, the crimson nectar!)?

    ReplyDelete