HORROR LOVERS SPOT

A MELTING POT OF ALL THINGS IN THE HORROR GENRE AND FOR LOVERS OF HORROR!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Southern Vampire Writer, Michelle Hughes


Through a mutual friend online, I met and connected with dark and amazing writer, Michelle Hughes. I found my self interested in her right away and her love for vampires, a girl after my own heart. Michelle isn't any typical vampire writer tho. In her stories she digs deep and pulls dark and sometimes erotic thoughts out of her character's subconscious which adds a whole other element to her writing. Even though her stories are fiction, there are little pieces of herself and her dreams that she expresses in her work. I enjoy that also because the stories give a personal look on life and what's it like to be in one of her character's shoes.

I've only started reading Michelle's stories and am looking forward to reading more. She has an amazing series out that I'm thrilled about, the first book being, "A Night at Tears of Crimson," which I've read and enjoyed. I can't wait to read more of her work and am glad I get the opportunity to do a blog about Michelle and her work, plus learning more about her life. Here is an excerpt on Michelle and how she went from reading romance novels to writing deep vampire stories. I myself am excited to read more from this Southern author.

From Michelle Hughes:


"As someone who lives in a small town in Alabama you might be asking
yourself how in the world I got into writing about vampires. Let me
just say when you live 45 minutes from the nearest town, you
definitely have to find ways of entertaining yourself. I began
reading Harlequin Romances as a young girl and already had a love of
Happily Ever After and at first that was where I had planned on taking
my writing adventure. When I finally decided to pursue writing as a
full-time career I attempted to do these wonderful little romances but
they just weren't exciting enough for me. I've had dreams about a
certain vampire since I was a young girl of fifteen and finally it
came to me that maybe I could share my vision of him with the world.
These dreams were very personal to me and I fought myself for a while
on opening up the darkest desires of my heart and sharing them with
strangers. I made a deal with my own subconscious that I would write
out these dreams and if I decided to just keep them as my own personal
diary of sorts, then that would be fine.

The first book in the series, A Night at Tears of Crimson, actually
sat on a shelf in my bedroom for two years before I decided that I was
ready to do something with it. I dusted off the four notebooks that
contained my hearts work and started transcribing it into my computer.
It took almost a full year of editing before I decided it was good
enough to be viewed by any eyes but my own. Basically these were
dreams that I wrote on paper so as you can imagine they had to be
shaped into some sort of logical reading order. I wrote the first
book in first person because it was me through the eyes of Cara Faith
Donovan, who was my alter-ego in the dreams. These dreams spanned the
course of my life for the last twenty-five years so each word is
essentially a part of my soul.

Ironically, as I began to transcribe from paper to computer ideas
started flooding my thoughts to the point I couldn't even keep up some
nights. It wasn't so much that I decided to write about vampires but
that a certain vampire refused to leave my thoughts long enough to let
me concentrate on anything else. Even today this vampire dream lover,
that's how I refer to my Rafe, will chastise me in my dreams if I
don't write when he gives me the ideas. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm
writing this story or if it's writing me. It's been an incredible
journey and one that I hope will never end."

I hope it never ends either Michelle. Here are some places to find her stories and books. You can also special order her work as well:

Amazon both paperback and kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Night-Tears-Crimson-Michelle-Hughes/dp/1461012295/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321835728&sr=8-1

Barnes And Noble
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-night-at-tears-of-crimson-michelle-hughes/1031851134?ean=9781461012290&itm=1&usri=a+night+at+tears+of+crimson

ValoreBooks http://www.valorebooks.com/textbooks/a-night-at-tears-of-crimson-(volume-1)/9781461012290?utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Froogle&utm_source=Froogle&date=11/20/11&buy=3

A1 Outlet http://www.a1outlet.com/cgi-bin/mktSearch?act=showDesc&code=gbase&rel=1&ITEM_CODE=1461012295&SELLER_ID=763796&ITEM_TITLE=NIGHT-TEARS-CRIMSON-VOLUME-1

I hope you all check out and read Michelle's work and enjoy it as much as I did. I can't wait to read more. Besides the about places and links where to find her work, here is her twitter and personal blog to check her out and connect with her.

Twitter: Twitter.com/@MichelleHughes_

Official Website: www.tearsofcrimson.info

Blog: http://tocnightclub.blogspot.com/ (which is mostly about anything vampire which I love.)

THANK YOU TO MICHELLE HUGHES FOR HER CONTRIBUTION TO MY BLOG, SHOWING ME HER WORK, AND BEING AN INCREDIBLE VAMPIRE WRITER! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

2 comments:

  1. I Can't wait to read "A NIGHT AT TEARS OF CRIMSON" and hopefully much more in the coming years by Ms. Michelle Hughes! In my opinion Ruby Violence is without doubt the best judge of horror fiction on the planet and I would be eager to read any author recommended by Ruby but the fact that Ms. Hughes writes about vampire characters from the South makes her work particularly appealing to True Blood fans, I would have thought. Thank you so much for introducing us to this author whom you rate so highly Ruby. Brilliant Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that michelle is the best author;u cant stop reading once ustart;she touches your soul

    ReplyDelete