HORROR LOVERS SPOT

A MELTING POT OF ALL THINGS IN THE HORROR GENRE AND FOR LOVERS OF HORROR!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tattoo Horror and the movie, "The Tattooist."










Ok you all know that I love body art and I decided to post a little blog on some of my favorite horror-themed tattoo images. It relates to me a lot too because I have some scary kind of tats on me plus some of my other horror lover girlfriends such as @BellaVendetta66 and @GoreWhoreNos. I'll soon be doing a post on other body modifications as well but first things first.

Movie wise, I recommend seeing the film, "The Tattooist." It's definitely borderline horror and thriller and came out in 2008 in New Zealand. It isn't a pure favorite of mine but I still recommend seeing the demons that the tattoo artist in the movie and the girl, Sina encounter. Here's a brief synopsis of the film:

"Tattoo artist Jake Sawyer (Jason Behr, looking smokin’ hot) is renowned for using his tattoos to heal people and utilizes symbols from many various cultures and religions to do so. At a tattoo convention in Singapore, he is intrigued by a group of Samoans performing their traditional tatau on a man. Well, truthfully he is intrigued by a woman, Sina (Mia Blake), that is part of the Samoans group. He ends up swiping an old, ritualistic tattoo tool from the Samoans, but when he cuts himself on the tool, he unwittingly releases a vengeful spirit that kills anyone he tattoos by basically flooding their bodies with tattoo ink.

Before Jake realizes he’s got a demon on his back, he heads down to New Zealand to catch up with the Samoans to learn more about their tattooing practices and also to return the tool, which has brought him some wicked visions. He’s also keen on reuniting with Sina. He gets a job and a place to live through an old tattooing buddy at a tattoo shop called Bedlam, but when he starts tattooing clients, they end up dying grisly deaths soon after.

Can Jake figure out how to stop this curse and figure out just who the spirit is before more people die, including the newly inked Sina?" Definitely check it out. You can see the movie poster here.

In the meantime, here are some horror-themed tattoo images that look amazing to me. If you have some yourself or want to submit more, please by all means, let me know. I always welcome contributions. Enjoy!

2 comments: